Re: pcmcia bugs

brian@debian.org (Brian Mays) writes:

> Randolph Chung <tausq@debian.org> wrote:
> > Can you please take a look at and try to fix these bugs for potato? From
> > looking at the bug list I realize you may not have gotten these messages:
>
> > #61544
> > #61884
>
> randolph - These are caused by a mismatch between the kernel-image package
> and the pcmcia-modules package.  They are a clear case of trying to use
> kernel-image-2.2.14 version 2.2.14-3 with pcmcia-modules-2.2.14 version
> 3.1.8-9k1, when this kernel package REQUIRES the "k3" version of the
> pcmcia-modules pacakge.  The package description of pcmcia-modules-2.2.14
> clearly warns about this.

Why aren't there dependancies on the right kernel then?

> The "k3" versions have already been uploaded.

Why are these bugs still listed as open, then?

Brian, I don't wanna seem pissy, but I really wish you were more
responsive and better and closing bugs and providing packages with the
proper dependancies.  I get a little annoyed when my PCMCIA subsystem
goes down.  This seems to happen about 33% of the time whenever I
upgrade pcmcia/kernel.

I realize it's a bad situation, with pcmcia not integrated in the
kernel.  But that's what the debian packaging system is for.  I feel
you are not doing a great job with providing quality packages that
work.

At this point, this is seriously slowing down the release process and
our ability to release quality boot-floppies.