Re: Greek keymaps in boot-floppies -- m68k and powerpc porters please read

Pedro Guerreiro <digito@bigfoot.com> writes:

> On Fri, Apr 14, 2000 at 09:46:29PM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
>
> > You welcome.  BTW, can you check that keymaps.sh and
> > dbootstrap/kbdconfig.c are in sync?
>
> Some Mac keyboards were missing from keymaps.sh both from m68k and
> from powerpc. The German Mac keyboard probably should work now for
> the powerpc, but I can't test it. Can the person who made the
> comment in keymaps.sh try it out?
>
> Also on kbdconfig.c the same Mac definitions were commented out. Do
> these keymaps (mac-de-latin1-nodeadkeys, mac-de2-ext and mac-fr3)
> exist in the m68k and powerpc version of console-data? If they do,
> then I think you can apply the patch bellow, if not, then maybe they
> should be commented out.

I need the m68k and powerpc porters to give their opinions.

> In keymaps.sh is a reference to i386/qwerty/us-latin1 (powerpc,
> sparc, i386), but this keyboard is not mentioned in
> kbdconfig.c. From /usr/share/keymaps/i386/qwerty/us-latin1.kmap.gz I
> think that this is a windows keyboard?

Sounds like a European keyboard to me.  Anyone know if this should be
enabled in dbootstrap/kbdconfig.c ?

> If it is, I really don't think that this keyboard is needed in
> boot-floppies, so either remove it from keymaps.sh, or add it to
> kbdconfig.c, maybe with a line like the following in powerpc, sparc
> and i386:
>
>     { "qwerty/us-latin1",  "U.S. English (Windows Keyboard)", KBD_C },
>
> Another thing in kbdconfig.c are the definitions of the sparc
> keymaps: The only ones there are the sun/*, but keymaps.sh list all
> from i386/* too. One of them should be fixed, but I've no ideia of
> which.

Why is that wrong?  On my sparc, I use an i386 keyboard...

> If you can tell me which way to go, I can send you the patches for
> either way.

Hopefully we can get some informed answered from folks who know.