Re: Draft Installation Chapter

On Sat, 22 Apr 2000 16:57:44 Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> Ross Boylan <RossBoylan@stanfordalumni.org> writes:
>
> > Hmm, things are getting sticky.  I see Clay Ginsberg is working on the
same
> > chapter as I am, and you say you will be making changes their as
> > well.  Fortunately I am at home and have a functional potato, so I can
stay
> > up to date.  But maybe it would be better if we all just submitted our
> > changes instead of having them all floating around the list and the
> > net.  Since you've committed Clay's changes, I'll pick them up with cvs.
>
> Yes -- CVS is good to use.  I mean, we can roll things back if we need
> to.  It's doubtful though.  The limiting factor is people's time, very
> rarely that there are too many people and we're starting to step on
> each other's toes.

OK.  Tell me what I need to do to do cvs commits.  My experience is also
that conflicts are rare, but with several people working on the same
file
this could be the exception..

> BTW, if you wanna fix up the file naming stuff for me, I would
> encourage that.  It would free me to work on other BF critical bugs.
> I would need to have a little discussion like I had with Bruce Sass
> before...  Let me know.

I'm not sure what file naming stuff you're referring to.  I was hoping
refer to files somewhat generically: drivernn, rather than the exact
numbers.

> > P.S.  I'm still wondering if the reference to a numbered element in a list

> > will work, or if the references only work to larger units like sections
and
> > pages.  Also, it occurs to me that perhaps the correct form is " as
> > indicated in <ref id=xxx>" rather than "as indicated in step <ref
> > id=xxx>".  That is, I should omit the work "step" because the reference
> > machinery knows to fill that in (the ref syntax is from memory, and may
not
> > be accurate).
>
> I dunno, you just have to try it out and see what works.  Omitting the
> "step" bit seems right to me.
Now that I'm on a debian system, I might be able to do that.
make documentation ?
Will that confine itself to the language I'm working on--English?