Re: [woody-discussion] editors: nano-2.9.3 --with-slang --enable-tiny

On Mon, 24 Apr 2000, Alexander Koch wrote:
> Damn, no. Pico is a pain already. Be it pico or joe, though,
> they work. But vi compatibility is a plus and the least
> surprise for those using the shell (the second terminal)
> on installation, since those are knowing what they are
> doing anyway?

...but the most surprising if the installer doesn't have unix/linux
experience.   Keep in mind that new users are often told to swith to the
second vt and edit something.

> Not worth discussing if what we have works already.

... unless the vi way of doing things is alien to the majority of new
users.  People who know vi can probably handle a more standard text
editor, people who don't know vi will be very confused by it.

later,

	Bruce