Re: 2.2.12 bf on athlon 600

Hi,

On Wed, Apr 26, 2000 at 06:12:53PM -0700, Randolph Chung wrote:
> > * pcmcia with the 2.2.15 kernel seems to have some dependency
> >   issues: when i reboot the system i get loads of unresolved
> >   dependencies but solely with pcmcia stuff.
> which flavor did you try?

what do you mean which flavor? i tried the 2.2.12 bf i don't know
which version of pcmcia-modules-2.2.15 it is using.

> > * speaking of modules: after i install the drivers and want to
> >   configure, say, the eepro 10/100 i get a installation failed
> >   because there is no modules.conf in /target/etc/. after copying
> >   this file from /etc to /target/etc everything works fine.
> errr. does the eepro module get written to /target/etc/modules ?

after i copied modules.conf to /target/etc and rerun the
installation of the eepro module it worked ...

> er, RTFM ;-) you can't "detect" amount of RAM really, if you have an older
> bios (most modern bios don't require params) I'm not sure what we can do
> except say that people should read the lilo docs (which BF already tells you
> to do.)

well i don't think the K7M from asus has old bioses on board :).
well i don't know that much about hardware detecting so was some
wild explanation. the problem with ram only arises with this
athlon system. iirc when i set up a pentium and/or alpha system
the amount of ram was correctly detected by the kernel.

*hmm*, i don't know, but if i have 128mb of ram and just 64 mb is
detected and this "problem" could be common then it would be
useful if this is explicitly mentioned in the docs. maybe i
misunderstand the whole issue then tell me more (or not and i die
as a dumb person ;)).

so long
Othmar