Re: Errouneous link in dist upgrade documentation

[_Please_ CC: any replies to -doc or to me, I'm not on -boot]

On Tue, May 23, 2000 at 08:24:22PM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> "J.A. Bezemer" <costar@panic.et.tudelft.nl> writes:
> > Upgrading info is available at
> >   http://panic.et.tudelft.nl/~costar/potato/
>
> Um, why not improve the release notes rather than write a competing
> document? Then it could be published official at www.debian.org ?

For those who don't know, I'm the Release Notes maintainer for potato. I
haven't seen
http://panic.et.tudelft.nl/~costar/potato/upgrade-i386/UPGRADING.html until
after seeing this mail, actually I didn't even hear about such a document.
What a lack of coordination! I appologize if this is my fault. Maybe I
should be subscribed to -boot... but that would be a big bunch of e-mail to
sift through searching for release-notes related material...

Anyway, we should merge the useful stuff from the other doc to the official
Release Notes. Anne, I see there's a HTML and a plain text version - are
they perhaps generated from a single SGML source? The release notes are in
/boot-floppies/documentation/release-notes.sgml in the debian-boot CVS tree,
that's DebianDoc SGML. Will you please look at it? If you have
straightforward patches, commit them or send them over; but do tell me if
there are major structural changes needed to add stuff from your document.

> I'd be happy to give you CVS access to the boot-floppies CVS area
> where the release notes source is kept.

...and until than someone else (e.g. me) can commit your patches into CVS,
if there's a need for hurry.