Problems with removal

Hello;

I ran into a really nasty problem with pcmcia-cs.  I am doing an
installation with 2.2.1 images created from boot-floppies-2.2.1.  At the
end of the install, it asks me to remove the pcmcia packages since I am
on a desktop system.  It appears to successfully perform the operation.
However, the system still tries to start the package on boot and
subsequent attempt at removal results in a subroutine error.
Unfortunately, this causes apt-get to abort after trying to remove the
package every time it runs.  I cannot install any packages and the
system is not usable.

Please help, thank you.