Re: An initrd proposal

On Mon, Oct 25, 1999 at 12:48:09PM -0700, Joey Hess wrote:
> Florian Lohoff wrote:
> > You have the problem here that you afterwards need a different kernel
> > for booting the resulting installation this might lead to ...
> > "After the installation the system wont boot" ...
> Well one workaround would be for debian to use an initrd to boot, after
> installation, too.
This is what I strongly suggest. It won't solve the above mentioned problem
however, because you some modules for the install (network ones) and one
for booting the regular system (e.g. scsi or ide disk)

It will however help to minimize such problems.

Nils

--
Plug-and-Play is really nice, unfortunately it only works 50% of the time.
To be specific the "Plug" almost always works.            --unknown source