Re: resc-1440 fails to boot on 486DX-33

Mark Blunier <blunier@ocslink.com> writes:

> I tried to install Debian 2.1 on a Couple of 486DX-33s and
> a couple of 486DX-66s (Gateways).  The 486DX-66 worked, but
> the 486DX-33s did not.  When booting the resc1440.bin disk
> the 33s would end with

> The 1.3 resc1440.bin disks worked fine.  I also tried booting
> a minidistribution disk that I made using syslinux, which also
> failed with "Loading Linux..."
> Thelatest version of toms rtbt disk booted as well, but I did
> did get of floppy read error (but I can't remember what was
> exactly).

If you are able to use a new upstream syslinux, or the syslinux from
potato, and update the existing slink boot disks using that, then we
think that would fix you problem.

Alternatively, you could use the unstable (potato) boot-floppies
(2.2.1 currently), although those really are pretty unstable right
now.