Re: tar-balls for i386 (was Re: Debian Boot Floppies CVS: boot-floppies koptein)

> > m68k and powerpc have its own procedure; sparc and alpha is missing
>
> Why can't all architectures have a single procedure they use?

 For architectures with subsarchs, it makes sense to have a tar-ball only
with this subarchs. For i386 it makes sense to have it splitted for
base12 and base14. For sparc with tftpboot, and later for graphical, and
so on.

The current layout for intel is, all in one directory. For powerpc (as an
example) we have  directories in the disks-powerpc/current/

   common/             (base2_2)
   documentation/      (html, txt, ...)
   chrp/               (linux, resc, boot, driv*, ...)
   powermac/           (   -"-                       )
   prep/               (   -"-                       )
   + some files

If we could have this for all architectures i agree to have only one layout
and only one install script.

 Thanks, and a nice weekend,

      Hartmut