Re: Corel linux boot/install software ?

"Scott M. Stone" wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Nov 1999, Andreas Jellinghaus wrote:
>
> > i wonder where i can get a look at their code (if it´s free) ?
> > it might be interesting to do some similiar stuff for debian.
> >
> > or at least scriptable hardware autodetection is what i need to manage
> > my university student computer pool (stuff like ps/2 or serial mouse
> > drives me crazy).
> >
> > so, anyone knows if their stuff is open source and accessable ?
>
> the hardware autoprobe stuff that I did for turbolinux is open source,
> check that out...
>
> as for PS/2 mice --
>
> int fd;
>
> fd=open("/dev/psaux", O_RDONLY | O_NONBLOCK);
> if (fd) {
>         /* you have a ps/2 mouse */
> } else {
>         /* you don't */
> }
>
> --------------------------
> Scott M. Stone <sstone@taos.com>
> Systems (UNIX) and Network Engineer
> Taos - The SysAdmin Company

You should also try to read the first byte from the port.  With the 2.2
kernel, the psaux device will return 0xFE if a mouse is connected to
psaux.  It is possible to have a keyboard or other device connected to
the mouse port.

--
  Robin Burgener / Linux Kernel Group / Corel Corporation
  mailto: robinb@corel.com

  20Q, the neural-net on the Internet - http://www.20q.net