Re: Debian Boot Floppies CVS: boot-floppies polish

On Friday 19 November 1999, at 12 h 34, the keyboard of Michael Sobolev
<mss@transas.com> wrote:

> Hmmm...  Actually, the first file was russian.xml :)

ezili:~/Debian-CVS/boot-floppies/utilities/language-chooser> xmlwf russian.xml
russian.xml:3:10: not well-formed

:-(

> parser, it does not check (without special pestering) the input encoding (by
> default, xmlproc just works with input as a 8bit stream).  I decided to try to

I believe we should not work with XML files which are not well-formed. This
destroys the whole advantage of using XML. For instance, it forbids to use any
tool we choose, since most will choke on these illegal files.

> So do you propose to have a separate file for every language?  Or do you want
> to convert all files into utf-8?

A separate file for every language, as now. And to convert those who need to
be converted (english.xml is already in utf-8, since it is a superset of
ASCII...).