Re: LS120/Zip install update

On Thu, Apr 06, 2000 at 10:15:10AM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:

> >> What do you mean by this?  Is it noticed by the kernel?  Which flavor?
> >> Is it noticed by the kernel but not by dbootstrap?  Does cfdisk/fdisk
> >> see it?  Is the device listed in /proc/partitions ?
> >
> >Yes, it works fine, just dbootstrap don't recognizes it as a partition where
> >you have stuff on it. In my case i have a mirror of debian/potato/ppc on my
> >syjet (sort of, since the cartrdige is only 1.4MB), when i mount it, it is on
> >the /dev/sdb partition (second scsi disk), but when i am asked partitions to
> >mount by dbootstrap (for installing or choosing partition that contains the
> >install stuff) only the partitions of /dev/sda get shown, and not /dev/sdb.
> >So i have to mount it by hand, and do a install of the base system from a
> >mounted volume. Not so tragic, but still it could be properly solved.
>
> Can you attach your /proc/partitions ?

Well not today, but i know it from memory to be :

size_of_it	sda
size_of_it	sda1
size_of_it	sda2
size_of_it	sda3
size_of_it	sda4
size_of_it	sdb

(notice that on my 2.3.42 box it is as follows :

luther@lambda:~/Travail$ more /proc/partitions
major minor  #blocks  name

   3     0    8420832 hda
   3     1     524632 hda1
   3     2     262584 hda2
   3     3    1048824 hda3
   3     4          1 hda4
   3     5    2097616 hda5
   3     6     262552 hda6
   3     7     262552 hda7
   3     8     524632 hda8
   3     9     262552 hda9
   3    10    3174664 hda10

so the syjet would appear as

   x     x size_of_it sda

on this box, but it is not actually attached.

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER