Re: debian-installer: how much memory is needed (on other archs than i386) ?

On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 08:16:54AM +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > > from the beta2 announcement: "Support for systems with only 32 MB of
> > > memory (i386 only)." anybody ot an idea what the requirements for other
> > > archs (e.g. powerpc) are ? I guess they should be roughly the same ?
> > About 25 MB for mips.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Is it hopeless to try an install with 16mb on ppc ?  (I could _test_ it, I
> don't have to do it ;)

What machine is that ? We could always try for a specially targeted
initrd for this kind of machines, one more should be no problem, and
since most of our package add support for almost all powerpc hardware,
there may be lot of space to gain. If you provide more info on the
hardware, i would be willing to give this a test. Is this acceptable to
you ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther