Re: [i18n] String Changes in iso-codes

Christian,

On Wed, Apr 07, 2004 at 10:28:35PM +0300, Konstantinos Margaritis wrote:
> I have to say I for one support this exception for Taiwan.
> ISO names should be accepted by all but mostly they should be accepted
> by the referenced party (in this case Taiwan).
> It is in Debian's best interest not to provoke politically, and in
> this case it does.

Assuming we fix the problems regarding the translation of
languagechooser's short list, would it be possible to provide selective
English translations of the iso-codes table?  This would let us fix the
expansion of "TW" without having to abandon the use of the (very handy)
iso 3166 table.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer