Re: Draft for D-I Jessie RC2

Hi,

Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 06:34:45AM +0100, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >You'll find my current draft the release announce below. If nothing
> >breaks too badly, the release might be ready somewhen this thursday,
> >so if you have anything to add/fix/comment on, be quick. ;)

> Late, I know (sorry :-(), but we should also add some mention of:
>
>  * i386 UEFI support
>  * *non*-UEFI i386 netinst images for old Mac machines

Ok, since Kibi is offline a while, I could commit something to the
website. So please provide some detailed info.
Into which category of the announcement should that be added:
	Improvements in this release of the installer
	or
	Hardware support changes
I guess the first, right?

Exact wording:
  * Add i386 UEFI support
  * Create *non*-UEFI i386 netinst images for old Mac machines

Correct?

> in our docs. It's not the end of the world if it doesn't make the
> announcement doc for RC2, though, and I'm still trying to map out
> exactly which x86 Mac machines work and don't work with our UEFI
> stuff. We'll need to add an extra link for the i386 Mac netinst too in
> the web pages, and that'll be a PITA. :-/
>
> >Known bugs in this release
> >==========================
> >
> > * There seems to be no known major bug as of yet.
> >
> >The errata page[2] will be updated if needed.
>
> I've just verified that #775235 (llvmpipe crash on i386 kvm) is still
> a problem.

This wasn't integrated into the errata for RC1, so is it worse to
integrate it now for RC2?
If yes, please provide me with some wording, since I am not a native english
speaker.

Many thanks

Holger

Created with Sylpheed 3.2.0 under
	D E B I A N   L I N U X   7 . 0   W H E E Z Y !