Re: Beginner question - stable installer build fails - why?

On Sun, 2018-01-28 at 13:01 +1300, Alex King wrote:
> * Follow https://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2017/12/msg00375.html to build
> with a backports kernel.
> * Try to do the same with Jessie, which is what my customer actually wants.
> * Make whatever changes necessary so the backport kernel is installed in the
> installed system as well as the installer.

It's been a while, so maybe I'm wrong or out-of-date but if you boot a
testing/sid/daily installer image in expert mode isn't one of the
earlier questions asked (or preseedable) the distro you want to
install, including stable?

IIRC at the time a post install hook was needed to get an updated
backports installed into the target system (since it would otherwise
get its usual kernel), but from some of the things said in this thread
maybe that is now more integrated/easier?

Ian.