Same issue as already reported, and partially fixed

Control: severity -1 serious

Hi,

This is the same issue as https://bugs.debian.org/904699, which is actually an
issue in libdebian-installer (https://bugs.debian.org/554444).

The fix has actually been made. But the problem is that it needs an unblock ack
from the d-i team (https://bugs.debian.org/928908), but after 2 weeks there is
still no reply.
When that is done, (afaik) a rebuild of the package to pick up the change in
libdebian-installer is needed (at least for cdebootstrap-static? which I'm
using).

Raised the issue to be RC as cdebootstrap(-static) is pretty much useless as
it is now if you want to install buster (or sid).
My previous attempts to push this towards a solution have been unsuccessful so
far and I don't know what else I could do...