Re: Translation updates for grub-installer

Hi,

Not trying to put words in Steve's mouth of course, but I'll hazard a
guess anyway:

Holger Wansing <hwansing@mailbox.org> (2023-05-11):
> Here I see, that a call for translation update was sent to previous
> translators for the grub-installer package.
> Maybe this happened in a semi-automated way together with a package upload
> or similar, but for packages under the hood of debian-installer it does not
> make sense, to sent such calls, at least not in this form quoted above:
> If such a call is sent, it should point to the "master po files" in the
> d-i repo:
> https://salsa.debian.org/installer-team/d-i/-/tree/master/packages/po
> and not to the po files of the individual packages. The master po files are
> the only files, where translators should work on!!!
> Maybe some workflow has to be adapted somewhere, to avoid such calls?
>
> Sorry for the noise, if you are already aware of this :-)

Steve also maintains GRUB packages, and grub2 needed some updates as well,
e.g. this one I spotted on the French list while I was wondering whether
work had started there:
  https://lists.debian.org/debian-l10n-french/2023/04/msg00183.html

So maybe the same process has been used for grub-installer…

[ … ]

> @kibi: I plan to hold back uploads for these translation changings until
> RC3 is out. (We also have a big bunch of changings received via Weblate,
> so there will be a mass of uploads again, but I plan that for RC4.)
> Thus, ready for RC3 from my side.

OK, thanks!

I had a few other packages on my radar:

  [ Updated translations in ./packages/choose-mirror ]
  * Polish (pl.po) by Matthaiks

  [ Updated translations in ./packages/partman-efi ]
  * Polish (pl.po) by Matthaiks

  [ Updated translations in ./packages/s390-netdevice ]
  * Norwegian Nynorsk (nn.po) by Kjetil Sørlund

  [ Updated translations in ./packages/s390-dasd ]
  * Norwegian Bokmal (nb.po) by Kjetil Sørlund
  * Norwegian Nynorsk (nn.po) by Kjetil Sørlund

which I planned on checking, possibly uploading and unblocking before RC
3, but I didn't check actual contents there (yet).

Cheers,