Re: Moving debootstrap to fully team maintained (drop Uploaders field)

Hi,

On 2023-07-19 10:30, Luca Boccassi wrote:
> I am aware of that, that's not the point I'm trying to make. The point
> is that having anyone explicitly named assigns ownership and is a
> barrier for others to contribute.

FWIW, I never understood it that way, at all.

In the context of a team, "Uploaders" just lets me know about people who
consider themselves to be among the people regularly working on this
package, so a good contact point.

But if Maintainers is a team, and I'm in that team, I'm free to upload,
whether in Uploaders or not.

And if I'm a frequent uploader, I add myself to Uploaders.

A good example is the Debian Python Team, where the policy [1]
explicitly states that "[anyone in the Team] can commit to the Git
repository and upload as needed".

Best,
Christian

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/tools/python-modules/blob/master/policy.rst