Re: salsa CI

Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org> writes:

> For me it's fine for CI to fall back to the previous kernel for most
> jobs of the pipeline. I guess we'd still want a build job in the
> pipeline that sticks with the requested version, so that we notice in
> case that's not working, without breaking the entire CI pipeline.

That's a good idea -- I've done something slightly different, which is
to add an 'ABI-check' job which fails if we are in version-skew:

  https://salsa.debian.org/philh/debian-installer/-/commit/3b862d27f3ca07e840c0f1a44e42fd26ab69b176

I think that's the finishing touch that makes me happy to merge this.

If you can tell me how the *-unsigned version of the build is actually
supposed to succeed (my attempt failed at the point where it tries to
get hold of the matching modules, where the new version was not yet
available), then I'll happily add that as an additional condition (and
will also check in the check job to see if that's what is going on).

Cheers, Phil.
--
Philip Hands -- https://hands.com/~phil