Re: FTBFS splitvt 1.6.6 on kfreebsd

El dl 21 de 03 de 2011 a les 22:19 +0100, en/na Mats Erik Andersson va
escriure:
> Dear Mònica Ramírez Arceda,
>
> söndag den 20 mars 2011 klockan 20:52 skrev Mònica Ramírez Arceda detta:
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > It seems "-DCOMPAT_43TTY" solution could be a good one but if it is
> > removed... What happens with sys/ioctl_compat.h?
> >
> > Also, I can try the first solution and port to POSIX <termios.h>,
> > altough there are quite a lot of ioctl calls.
>
> Well, not too much work. Implementing Gnutls or IPv6 in servers
> is much harder, not only an evenings work.

Maybe I seemed a little bit lazy :-( I only wanted to know if there was
a shorter (and better) solution... I'm quite newbie in Debian world and
curious of all possible solutions ;-)

Thanks for all your advices! I love learning!

> I have now implemented support for Termios. It is your duty
> and your pleasure to verify that it works. My checking of a
> clean build was done on kfreebsd-amd64 and linux-i386. Time
> structure handling needed patching for 64-bit systems.
>
> You have a rewarding, but sometimes labour-heavy career
> in front of you, if you decide to adapt halfway forgotten
> packages and decide to bring them to contemporary standards.
> I certainly would like to encourage you to keep going.

I've ported splitvt to termios (hopefully well-done!). Now, I am waiting
to check if it works (my sponsor will check it in a freebd environment).

Thanks again!
Mònica