Re: GPL X BSD

On 24 November 2013 02:02,  <brunomaximom@openmailbox.org> wrote:
> Hi folks,
> What about relicensing of the kFreeBSD? BSD license is permissive, I think
> BSD doesn't match with GNU, because of that why not relicence the kFreeBSD
> under GPL? this can result in a greater approval of the GNU project.
> And why the Debian packagers dont support kFreeBSD and remain depending on
> you to port theirs packages?
> bye.

Debian GNU/kFreeBSD is official Debian port, and thus Debian packages
and packagers support kFreeBSD.

Only the copyright holder can relicense code.

Debian is not available under a single license, but multiple licenses,
which satisfy the Debian Free Software Guidelines.

Debian is not a GNU project, and does not seek GNU project approval.

You can read and find out more about the Debian Project at:

http://www.debian.org/intro/about
http://www.debian.org/social_contract
http://www.debian.org/intro/free

Regards,