Re: [RFH] Build polyorb on kfreebsd-i386

Hi Steven,

Le 16/05/2014 14:20, Steven Chamberlain a écrit :
Hi xavier,

On 07/05/14 09:33, xavier grave wrote:
Before I launch a campaign to get some old material (virtual machine
doesn't seem an option, at least for me, for compilation/debugging of
polyorb) for a fresh install, I'd like to know if somebody on the list
already has such beast at hand and is willing to help of course :)

Why are the porterboxes not sufficient for this?  Is it because you also
need root access to install and test the package?

I don't have access to the porterboxes (as far as I understand since I'm DM not DD). My main need is building, no need for special administrator rights as far as I have gnat-4.9 and a few others packages installed.

Why specifically kfreebsd-i386 and not kfreebsd-amd64?

The build of version 2.11~20140418-1 (experimental) on kfreebsd-amd64 is OK but not on kfreebsd-i386 as one can see in [1].

And why not a virtual machine?  What kind of resources (diskspace and
RAM) might you need?

Building polyorb requires time (about half an hour) and about 1GB of diskspace.

Debuging the FTBFS on kfreebsd-i386 in a virtual machine will be very slow (IMHO). It's why I prefer to have "real" hardware at hand.

I was thinking about setting up a kfreebsd buildd for a short period of
time (would 1 week be enough time?) specifically so I could do a test
rebuild of many packages, for GCC-4.9 and other reasons.

One week should be enough, thanks. How do I need to proceed to have an access to it ?

Regards,

Regards, xavier
[1] https://buildd.debian.org/status/logs.php?pkg=polyorb