Re: openjdk-8

Hi!

Jan Henke <Jan.Henke@taujhe.de> writes:
> Am 22.06.2015 um 09:07 schrieb Christoph Egger:
>>   I've just killed openjdk-8 builds for now. It needs itself to build
>>   (might just need bootstrapping using openjdk-7 -- not sure)
>
> as far as I recall OpenJDK-7 would work for bootstrapping. It seems we
> need that one working on FBSD.

At least the dependency says so (no help for buildds). kFreeBSD does
have an (outdated) openjdk-7 available (and I've seen patches for the
current version quite recently afair). I have no idea how far this
already works without further patches (and no immediate plan to
test). Once we have it bootstrapped the autobuilders should be able to
continue building

> Also the Debian Java team was discussing the greater issue of Java
> support across all platforms. Since gcj is no longer a working solution.
> Essentially for any Java application to work we need OpenJDK now.

Might be something kFreeBSD people are interested in talking about
during DebConf. If we want to get back into stretch we'll need java for
sure.

  Christoph

--
9FED 5C6C E206 B70A 5857  70CA 9655 22B9 D49A E731
Debian Developer | Lisp Hacker | CaCert Assurer