Re: Errors on image creation...

On Thu, 11 May 2000, Daniel Peleg wrote:

> Hey guys... I got the most recent .list files for potato from the german
> ftp...
> anyways...
> I was creating the images overnight and woke-up to find about 10 files
> that it said it could not find on the servers during the image
> creation...
> I looked through about 6 fps so far in diffrent countries for the files
> listed bellow:
>

> WARNING: Error while getting /dists/potato/non-US/Contents-i386.gz
[...]

> /dists/potato/non-US/non-free/binary-i386/Release
>
> If someone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly
> appreciated >:D

I think this is caused by the debian mirroring structure. Non-US is typically
in
  ftp://ftp.xx.debian.org/debian-non-US/dists/potato/non-US/
                                ~~~~~~~
and only a few mirrors have a symlink so that
  ftp://ftp.xx.debian.org/debian/dists/potato/non-US/
also works.

So, you can try entering [server]/debian-non-US on the make-pseudo-image
command line (instead of just [server]/debian). And of course first make sure
the mirror is actually carrying non-US ;-)

And if even that doesn't work, that's no problem. Just start the rsync
command, and it will fetch the missing stuff directly from the CD image on the
server. (There shouldn't be a very large drop in efficiency, you've got most
of it already.)

Regards,
  Anne Bezemer