Re: Clean patches for Credit Card CD

On Sat, 20 May 2000, Christoph Lameter wrote:

> On Sat, 20 May 2000, J.A. Bezemer wrote:
>
> > > Its cut off.... minor ineffiencencies count major in cases where you are
> > > short on space... could we have the boot-floppies package generate a list?
> >
> > Probably. You'd better discuss this on debian-boot@lists.debian.org
>
> I changed the script to match for Priority: required OR section: base....
> the required packages are the most important for dependency calculations.
> I think this will work decently even without having a list of base
> packages from the debian-boot people.

Duh. It's so simple, but I only just thought of it:

tar xzOf base2_2.tgz ./var/lib/dpkg/status | grep -e '^Package: ' -e '^Status: ' | grep -B 1 '^Status: .* installed' | grep '^Package: ' | cut -d ' ' -f 2

(Should all be on one line; maybe mail agents do weird things...)

If you don't understand, build up the long pipe piece by piece.
The grep on 'Status installed' is not really necessary, but in the future we
just _might_ have 'removed' packages there, so you should check anyway (and it
takes virtually no time).

Regards,
  Anne Bezemer