Re: debian-cd Mailing list

Hi,

> Hmm, you were definitively too quick and should have spoken with me before.
> Apparently I haven't pushed you enough, will do next time. :-)

don't know that ... ups... :(

> We already have debian-cd@lists.debian.org.  Originally this list was
> intended to carry announcements for official CD images and stuff.  We
> have decided that this kind of stuff goes into debian-announce or
> debian-news.

but the description of the mailing list is

This list is used to make announcements to CD vendors.

????

why??? Will this be changed in the future???

> This means, that whoever is interested in creating Debian CD roms should
> subscribe to debian-cd-REQUEST@lists.debian.org.  This is done by sending a mail
> to debian-cd@lists.debian.org with the word "subscribe" in the message
> body.

think it's the other way... write subscribe to
debian-cd-REQUEST@lists.debian.org and you subscribe to
debian-cd@lists.debian.org :)

> The list will be archived on http://www.debian.org/Lists-Archives/

okay...

the other debian-cd developer will also join the list... is it possible to
get web space somewhere on debian.org like www.debian.org/debian-cd/ or
something like this for documentation purposes (it would be important to
have www.debian.org because it wouldn't be mirrored if not...)

cu
 gerhard

--
  Vienna Backbone Service - we support experimental data transfer technology
                    Registered Linux User #62222 (GP3078)