Re: some questions about debian cd image

On Wed, 5 Jan 2000 cyching@hongkong.com wrote:

> do i have to use the Pseudo-Image Kit and use the method from it in
> order to make cd ??
> can i simply download the official image from the site
> "http://www.uk.debian.org/debian-cd/cd-images/2.1_r4/i386/ "
> without using the KIT??

Please DO NOT download via HTTP/FTP from uk.debian.org, especially not from
Hong Kong! This is guaranteed to fail each time you try, because HTTP/FTP were
not designed to handle large files (650MB !!) at all. We designed the
Pseudo-Image Kit just to make sure you get the image entirely in one try, and
without causing lots of unnecessary network traffic. It may seem a little more
complicated, but you'll be amazed by its prestations!

Regards,
  Anne Bezemer