Re: sh error?

On Thu, 13 Jan 2000, Fredrik Svensson wrote:

> I am trying to download the iso image of Debian 2.1r4.
> I am using the make-pseudo-image script and it has been easy to understand
> how to use that method (and why!)
>
> I still have a problem.
> The script starts running and downloads files, but for each file that is
> downloaded the sh.exe causes about 6 segmentation faults and displays a
> windows dialog box (error in KERNEL32.DLL) .
> If I close the dialogboxes the download continues, but I cannot do like
> this for a whole CD.
> I am no sure if the files downloaded so far are valid, but the
> pseudo-image file is growing.
> I am using Windows 98 (ver 4.10.1998) at the schools network.
> I have tried two different mashines and the Windows 98 installations were
> maid just a week ago.
>
> If anyone has a clue to my problem I'd like some help and maybe an update
> to the FAQ would be appropriate if I've done some simple mistake.

This looks a bit like the problem that was reported to me 2 days ago (still
not fixed...).

Make sure that you're not having a virus around, and that you don't have
installed another cygwin version (esp. cygwin1.dll somewhere in
\windows\system). Try also with the "fake" FTP servers "ftp://fake/";,
"http://fake/"; and "//c/" (your local harddisk). At least "//c/" should
produce none or different errors.

Please report back with the results.

Regards,