Re: CD Image and CD-RW

On Tue, 4 Apr 2000, Ben Collins wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 05, 2000 at 12:56:06AM +0200, Erik Sigra wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I didn't find an answer to my question in the FAQ. I wonder if i can burn a
> > Debian CD-RW (with the same image file as for CD-R), so I can use the same
> > CD for future versions of Debian? Then I wonder if it is possible to boot
> > from that CD-RW (with the burning device) so I can throw away my old floppy
> > drives?
> >
> > I'm new to CD-burning but considering buying a CD-burner for this purpouse
> > (I'm sure I will find other uses for it once I have it) and I will try to
> > find a device that is suitable for Linux.
>
> I use a CD-RW for my testing (saves mucho dollars). The simple answer is,
> anything you can burn to CD-R, you can also burn to CD-RW. The only
> difference is, with CD-RW, you can blank and re-burn something else :)

I use them also for testing. The recording time is doubled, plus you can
add the blanking time. They are not readable in the 4x CD-ROM drive that I
salvaged from a Packard Smell PC. I have also had problems with some other
drives and RW media, but they play well in all the 20x or faster drives I
have tested.

+ Paul Wade                         Greenbush Technologies Corporation +
+ mailto:paulwade@greenbush.com              http://www.greenbush.com/ +