Re: .raw naming

Daniel Jacobowitz <dan@debian.org> writes:

> The most frequent question I've gotten about the Debian CD images is "how
> can I burn an image in .raw format?"  We might want to be more obvious that
> this is what most other programs refer to as .iso.

On the official site, the images under the versioned directories are
named things like:

  2.1_r4/i386/binary-i386-1.iso

which is actually a hard link to:

  slink_test/i386/slink1-i386.raw

so most people end up seeing images named *.iso anyway.

Speaking of which, I think I'll destroy the slink CD images now, and
create a potato_test hierarchy, with the TC3 images in it so that the
mirrors can sync up before the official CD run --- any objections?

Cheers, Phil