Re: Downloading and building iso image of Debian Linux

> > > For whatever it's worth, I appreciate all your hard work and time, but in
> > the end I have to conclude Pseudo-Image Kit + rsync = crap
> [..]
> > Anne will probably point you to the FAQ and everything else you (should)
> > have read.
>
> Indeed. Before using the Pseudo-Image Kit, this is required reading:
>
> * http://cdimage.debian.org/
> * http://cdimage.debian.org/faq.html
> * http://cdimage.debian.org/~costar/pseudo-image-kit/  (the Notes section)
> * the Kit's README
>
> And DON'T skip anything because you think you have some experience.
>
> And for someone with your experience, I don't expect something vague like
> "this stuff is crap". I expect at least exact references to specific portions
> of above mentioned documentation that you don't understand and/or could/should
> be formulated better. Mailing me a clean patch would show even more
> experience.

I'll second this. I have worked myself through all the docs for the
pseudo image kit for 2.0r0 and found it works perfectly well - if only
you can find a good server with enough bandwith for the rsync ;-)
Certainly there's always something to be improved - but unless someone
can do it better (and can show us ;-) the word "crap" on other's work
is not recommended.
I did have some problem on the debian-cd-kit that could not be solved,
but I wouldn't call it "crap" just because I'm too plain stupid to fix
the problem ;-)

Bernd