Re: Woody is online again!

Hello,

> And now we have started to mirror them, the mirror should be up and
> running tomorrow.
Thanks.

> We will rsync them early on monday then. If you don't have any
> objections to a mirror that is. :)
You can rsync every morning :)

> Btw ftp.fsn.hu is alot slower these days, only around 30-50K/s unlike
> the 300K/s of a year ago or so. Perhaps a mirror for this will put a
> bit less load on it?
ftp.fsn.hu is on the hungarian academic network (HBONE, operated by IIF)
which has good connections to the outside world (STM-1 to Europe and a
smaller connection to the US).
Due to the enormous traffic (nearly 10 terabytes per month) they have set
the switch port to 10 Mbps (quite good decision! :( so the site is very
slow at this time.
I am currently before a move to a commercial ISP who has donated
an unlimited connection to the internet with a FastEthernet connection to
their switch and maybe a GigaEthernet in the future (that would be very
good, although I have no funds to buy a GE card, and operating the server
is also from my salary :).
So it seems the site will be as fast as it was in few weeks.

Sorry for the above, in Hungary it seems a public, free software FTP site
is not a good business :)

> The bandwidth problem is on your side. ;)
I hope this will go away soon :)

Attila Nagy                                    e-mail:  Attila.Nagy@fsn.hu
Budapest Polytechnic (BMF.HU)                   @work: +361 210 1415 (194)
H-1084 Budapest, Tavaszmezo u. 15-17.           cell.: +3630 306 6758