Re: [manty@debian.org: debian-cd 2.2.4 (cvs version)]

>From: Santiago Garcia Mantinan <manty@debian.org>
>Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 21:09:54 +0100
>To: Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org>
>Subject: debian-cd 2.2.4 (cvs version)
>X-From_: manty@debian.org  Fri Feb  9 21:11:28 2001
>
>Hi!
>
>We used to be making debian-cds for woody before the pools, but after the
>pools everything stopped working, I have now tried the cvs version of
>debian-cd and still doesn't work.
>
>What I see is that even though the cds are made ok, the Packages files on
>them don't include the packages that are in potato (I'm making woody cds) or
>in pool.
>
>Is this a problem with my configuration, or is this a known problem wich
>needs to be fixed?

It's a known feature at the moment. You may not have noticed yet, but
the Sources files on the source CDs have the same issue. There have
been a couple of suggestions of how to make them work again:

copy the full Packages/Sources file(s) from the mirror onto each CD
and let apt-cdrom cope when it scans the CD and finds files missing.

or

generate a single Packages file for the whole of each CD during the
build process, instead of within dists/<version>/<section> as we do
now.

I've been testing a version of the second one this week. I'm not
especially happy with it yet, but in case people are interested here's
a patch against current CVS head.

--
Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK.                   stevem@chiark.greenend.org.uk
"It's actually quite entertaining to watch ag129 prop his foot up on