Using CDs to seed mirror?

I've got an official CD-ROM set of Debian 2.2r2 i386. I'd
like to set up an in-house HTTP mirror to use for
installations and upgrades, particularly for machines without
CD-ROM drives.

I tried copying the contents of the 3 CDs into a directory
which I made available via HTTP, but when I hit this mirror
from a machine running version 2.1 with
"apt-get upgrade ; apt-get -s dist-upgrade"
it downloads package files okay but only wants to upgrade
xntp3.

Is there a way I can properly set up this HTTP mirror from
the CDs? My net connection is too slow to mirror the normal
way.

Thanks.