Re: Creating a base-only cd image?

Robert Guthrie wrote:
> What do you think?  Wouldn't it be pretty easy to just exclude the
> vast majority of the cd image?  Putting this on one of those
> credit-card cd's would be pretty cool..
>
> "Hey Bob, you said Debian was pretty cool.  Want to help me install
> it sometime?"
>
> "Sure, why not now?" pulls out wallet, "Here, put this in your cd
> drive and reboot."

Been there, done that. The linuxcare bootable business card supports
installing debian base (type "debian" at the lilo prompt iirc).

I belive this has been removed from the most recent verison for some
reason, but old images should be available and maybe it'll come back
eventually.

--
see shy jo, who has broken too many bbc cd's is his wallet and laptop bag