Re: [job #15092] debian 3.0r1

On Thu, 9 Jan 2003, Steve McIntyre wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 10:41:31PM -0700, Bob Proulx wrote:
> >Marcel Kunath <marcel@everythinglinux.com.au> [2003-01-09 10:54:05 +1100]:
> >>
> >> If a Debian guru can come up with a way to create a
> >>
> >> Debian 3.0r0 -> 3.0r1 Update CD
> >>
> >> then we are most happy to supply this disc to our Debian customers.
> >
> >That would be a useful thing.  I know that I would also like to have
> >an update CD available.  I have a number of friends with only slow
> >network access that I supply with Debian updates.  Currently that
> >means burning a number of CD's for each of them.  An update would
> >allow only a single CD to incrementally update them.
> >
> >The possibility of an update CD been discussed briefly on this list
> >just recently.  I think it will eventually happen.  But from browsing
> >the list archives I could not see that anyone had committed to making
> >update CD images available.  But let me second you that I also think
> >they would be very useful and I would like them as well.
>
> I've got update images already made on open (aka
> non-us.cdimage.debian.org) right now, and I'm currently running them
> through jigdo to make downloads easier. I'll post here again as soon
> as they're ready.
>
> And Phil is also creating the official normal 3.0r1 images too. The
> machine we're both using had significant hardware problems over the
> holiday period, which is why things have been delayed for so long.

I am not sure if we are talking about the same thing here. I looked at:

http://non-us.cdimage.debian.org/jigdo-area/3.0_r1/jigdo/i386/

and all I can see is 3.0r1 iso images.

I am looking for a single iso image that includes

the difference between 3.0r0 and 3.0r1

and is somehow automated making a person who has a full 7 CD 3.0r0 set
able to use a single CD to update their version release to 3.0r1.

Marcel