Re: Missing files and reported checksum errors in i386 amd64 jigdo dvd

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 10:52:55AM +0100, ael wrote:
>On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 11:58:05PM -0700, Robert Key wrote:
>> Hi since the 11 April I have had problems with the jigdo builds for i386, amd64.
>> i386 image2 has 2 missing files
>> i386 image4 has 4 missing files which cannot be found, I have tried MANY mirror sites
>>
>> jigdo tells me CHECKSUM ERROR on image1 and image5, 6, 7 which are successfully build however when I run md5sum on the images they are correct.
>> They match the md5sums in MD5SUM.large!
>> Is there a checksum in the jigdo or template file which is incorrect?
>>

>I have been having similar problems. I posted here about the checksum
>errors on the i386_DVD.6.. . Steve suggested that it might have been a
>temporary problem, but I have repeated my downloads with fresh jigdo and
>template files, and still see the problem.
>
>As I reported, I *did* see a real (sha1) checksum errors.
>
>So there really is something peculiar going on. I was looking for a tool
>to checksum or verify the individual deb files, but haven't found
>anything so far. debsig-verify and the like seem only to check installed
>files. I have probably forgotten something obvious.
>
>So I confirm that there is something amiss...

Sorry guys, no joy on tracking this down on the server yet. I have
since finished fully commissioning the new CD builder so it's doing
all the dailies and weeklies. The previous set of weekly builds would
have been using an older set of squeeze packages as the mirror wasn't
totally up to date. Even that might be the cause of the problems
you've been seeing. Can you try again with the current set of jigdo
files and let me know how you get on please?

You raise the blade, you make the change... You re-arrange me 'til I'm sane...