Re: Where do .jigdo lines ShortInfo= and Info= stem from ?

On Sun, Apr 01, 2012 at 02:21:18PM +0200, Thomas Schmitt wrote:
>Hi,
>
>George Danchev wrote:
>> These data are all known prior to ISO/jigdo creation
>> and are indeed better to be passed via option parameters to the producer
>> itself (xorriso, resp. libjte), which is not implemented yet of course.
>> But this is a low-priority goal, isn't it?
>> http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/debian-cd/trunk/tools/jigdo_cleanup?view=markup
>
>I have no objections against .jigdo post-processing outside xorriso.
>Just wondering whether i missed a libjte release for GNU xorriso.

Nope, it's just the way things work for debian-cd production.

>The difference between .jigdo and libjte came up when i checked whether
>libisofs can in any case be to blame for the pending image verification
>issue.
>(Result: Hardly. libisofs shows its output to libjte and marks the
> borders of data file content. libjte is in charge of extracting .template
> and computing the checksums of data files and overall image.)

Cool. :-)

"The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that
 English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on
 occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them
 unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."  -- James D. Nicoll