Re: NEWS - 2 Weekly "wheezy" from jigdo file md5sum errors

Hi,

> I used the same wrong .iso image "debian-testing-i386-DVD-1.iso" created
> Monday and above checked and I download again
> "debian-testing-i386-DVD-1.template" and "debian-testing-i386-DVD-1.jigdo".
> So, I discovered that the MD5SUM check error was because missing a file in
> .iso file !!!

I rather understand that you now correctly got the one file that spoiled
the debian-testing-i386-DVD-1.iso when you tried last time.

> Found 4012 of the 4013 files required by the template

4012 files out of the (mildly) bad image matched their checksums.
One did not.
The 4012 files were copied to your newly emerging image.

The one file that did not match in the old ISO, gets newly fetched from
the mirror:

> ftp://mi.mirror.garr.it/mirrors/debian/pool/main/i/inkscape/inkscape_0.48.1-
2.2_i386.deb
> Found 1 of the 1 files required by the template
> Successfully created `debian-testing-i386-DVD-1.iso'
> OK: Checksums match, image is good!

Now the image is salvaged. So the first jigdo download of
inkscape_0.48.1-2.2_i386.deb was probably bad.
(It could also be a false MD5 match in the "scanned" ISO image of your
 failed download. But that is extremely unlikely.)

We still need to find out, what went wrong with inkscape_0.48.1-2.2_i386.deb
on the first attempt that produced the wrong ISO image.
A trivial cause would be a failed download from mirror.

I found this nice illustration of the jigdo principle. Actually it is
a jigsaw puzzle for toddlers:

  http://wooden-toys-direct.co.uk/WebRoot/StoreDaily/Shops/eshop259102/4C5B/C6CE/6F34/C373/F826/C0A8/0ADD/6B0D/Vehicles_wooden_jigsaw_puzzle_for_toddlers.jpg

The wooden frame is the equivalent of the .template file.
The removable image pieces are the single files in "scanned" ISO (toddler's
toy chest) and on the mirror (momma's favorite toy store).
jigdo-lite has the role of the toddler who puts the image pieces into their
uniquely shaped holes. The hole names and shapes are described in the .jigdo
file.

For some reason the helicopter piece in the toy chest did not match
its hole and momma wget had to fetch a new one from the store.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas