custom Debian installation ISO image

Hello,

I have created the CD-like tree of the Debian installation without
using debian-cd tool, and running:

xorriso -as mkisofs -r -checksum_algorithm_iso md5,sha1,sha256,sha512 \
-o ../iso/newcd.iso -isohybrid-mbr /usr/lib/syslinux/isohdpfx.bin \
-partition_offset 16 -J -joliet-long -b isolinux.bin -c boot.cat \
-no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table .

to create the final ISO. This ISO is supposed to be booted from USB stick,
therefore it's hybrid. But let's not think of USB at the moment because
I'm testing the image with VirtualBox.

Loop-mounted image seems to be correct. I've confirmed that with
on-disk-tree # find . -exec md5sum {} \; | sort > ../tree
iso-loop-dir # find . -exec md5sum {} \; | sort > ../tree_iso

diff -u shows that boot.cat appeared and only isolinux.bin changed.
That is expected.

However, as soon as I boot that image in VirtualBox, it successfully boots,
starts the installation, correctly fetches some files from the ISO,
but then all out of a sudden dmesg shows the following error:

attempt to access beyond end of device
sr0: rw=0, want=XXX, limit=YYY

where YYY is constant and less than XXX.

Even more, the test for md5sums showed that a whole lot of 15 files
(in my particular case) were inaccessible due to that error.

Could you please give me a hint on how could I cope with this?

P.S. Please CC me off-list.

--
Eugene Paskevich             |   *==)-----------   |     Plug me into
eugene@raptor.kiev.ua        |   -----------(==*   |      The Matrix