Re: Anybody here ?

W dniu 10.12.2018, pon o godzinie 14∶59 -0500, użytkownik Jo Shields
napisał:
> On 10/12/2018 13:33, Marek Mosiewicz wrote:
> > W dniu 10.12.2018, pon o godzinie 01∶12 -0500, użytkownik Jo
> > Shields
> > napisał:
> > > A major update (5.15.x) is scheduled for upload before Xmas,
> > > pending
> > > some work on mips support
> > >

> > Any help wanted ? I heard that there is some open source RISC
> > processor
> > on the way.
>

> Preliminary RISC-V support was merged but isn't in shippable state
> yet:
> https://github.com/mono/mono/pull/11593
>

> I'm sitting down with a porting engineer tomorrow morning to fix MIPS
> support enough to upload into Debian. It'll likely take some
> back-and-forth with the relevant Debian people, since there are a lot
> of
> major changes from an archive perspective in the 5.x series
That is something I could not help. I could help in building, resolving
dependencies testing etc.

> > Unfortunately my son computer got broken and I'm buying new one for
> > me.
> > I have not lot of money to spend so It will be Celeron (they are
> > back
> > :))  with DDR4 controller. Anyway $100 computer seems still to be a
> > dream.
>

> You can buy a minimal ARM system for around that, e.g. a Pinebook.
I still use Windows for invoice managing system. That where my in Mono
interest came from. I have experience in GPL2 licensed Java based ERP
system but arranging it to polish law would finish in vain. I'm looking
 to have something different, but having Java experience focus me on
.Net
Anyway I prefer desktop to notebook and have just to change processor
mainboard and upgrade RAM so budget will be similar.