Re: vagrant - debiansid

Hi.

olivier sallou <olivier.sallou@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
> does anyone use Vagrant with a Debian sid for packaging ?

Not me.

> If yes, do you have an url to specify in Vagrant?

You mean a base box ?

> I only see Debian releases, no testing/sid. I could of course update
> one, but I could use directly one as a base box....
>
> Even better, would be a Debian development box (with quilt,
> git-buildpackage etc... already installed etc...) would be a nice
> thing for DD/DMs.

I would advise not to use pre-made base boxes and instead to perform
your own builds, so that to avoid side effects or even worse, security
issues (MITM, etc.).

Last time I did some work with Vagrant for producing a Debian VM, I used
bootstrat-vz. See more details at
https://github.com/olberger/DebianJessieBaseBox (and about the VM, in
french, at :
https://fusionforge.int-evry.fr/plugins/scmgit/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=moocbdvm/moocbdvm.git;a=tree;f=VagrantBox;h=79c8e3071a4b2d0cdab321e00b019992ef26d66a;hb=HEAD )

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

P.S.: we can discuss that in more details next week at DebConf ;)
--
Olivier BERGER
http://www-public.telecom-sudparis.eu/~berger_o/ - OpenPGP-Id: 2048R/5819D7E8