Re: openstack stretch images failing to build...

On Sat, Dec 3, 2016 at 8:46 PM, Sam Hartman <hartmans@debian.org> wrote:

>     Thomas> Great!
>
>     Thomas> For the arm64 build, I may need a bit of help on how to get
>     Thomas> things done for EFI support. Does anyone have a simple
>     Thomas> script to show me, on which I could cheat on?
>
> I submitted fairly simple EFI patches to FAI lately.
> I think the GRUB_EFI patch I submitted was accepted, so take a look at
> the scripts/GRUB_EFI directory in the simple configuration space.

You're referring to https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=843639
It looks like it needs some adjustments for arm64.

fwiw, we've been doing jessie cloud images using virt-install/preseed
and needed:
d-i preseed/late_command string \
    mkdir -p /target/boot/efi/EFI/BOOT ; \
    cp /target/boot/efi/EFI/debian/grubaa64.efi
/target/boot/efi/EFI/BOOT/BOOTAA64.EFI

I'm not sure if it's relevant for Stretch (or relevant at all).