Re: Packaging terraform?

On 06/21/2018 01:57 PM, Paul Dejean wrote:
> Because terraform interfaces with proprietary apis usually, it needs to
> be updated more often than stable is updated to be useful.

I have to admit I don't know a lot about proprietary apis. But as for
OpenStack, APIs are quite stable, and (almost?) always backward
compatible thanks to API micro-versions and auto-discoverability. In
fact, I haven't found yet an example of something that broke API
backward compatibility.

Do we see such breakage often in AWS / Azure / GCE? I'm amazed to read
this, really. How come customers aren't complaining about this then?

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)