Re: crosstoolchain migration to Salsa

On Thu, Apr 19, 2018 at 08:09:46AM -0700, Dima Kogan wrote:
> Hi. We have a number of repos that live here:
>
>   ssh://git.debian.org/git/crosstoolchain

Thanks for looking into these.

> These are
>
>   cross-binutils.git

I think this is fully taken over by binutils itself. It can be archived
or something.

Users: Wookey / Daniel Gröber

>   cross-gcc-defaults.git

This is mostly implemented by gcc-defaults and gcc-defaults-ports, no?
I'm in favour of archiving.

Users: Dima Kogan / Wookey

>   cross-gcc.git

This one backs src:cross-gcc and should likely live on.

Users: Dima Kogan / Wookey

>   cross-toolchain-bootstrap.git

This one is empty. Just delete?

>   gcc-4.9.git
>   gcc-6.git
>   gcc-8.git
>   gcc-5.git
>   gcc-7.git

These seem to be support repositories for cross-gcc.git. Is that
correct?

Users: Dima Kogan

>   msp430mcu.git
>   openocd.git
>   mspdebug.git

I have no clue about these.

Users: Luca Bruno

>   cross-build.git

Seems to be some submodule accumulation of sorts. No clue.

Users: Daniel Gröber

>   cross-gcc-standalone.git

Looks like an attempt to fork cross-toolchain-base. I propose archiving
or deleting.

Users: Wookey

>   cross-support.git

An attempt to extract autotools config.site from dpkg-cross that never
got very far. I propose archiving or deleting.

Users: Wookey

>   device-tree-compiler.git

src:device-tree-compiler is maintained here.

Users: Vagrant Cascadian

>   gcc-cross-support.git

An ill fork of src:gcc-cross-support. I propose archiving or deleting.

Users: Dima Kogan

> Objections/opinions?

I think device-tree-compiler and cross-gcc need uploads after moving
their repositories. So you should definitely talk to Vagrant Cascadian.
In any case, you should talk to the primary users (which often you are).

Helmut