casting vote...

I was thinking about my "chairman's vote", and wondering if it was
appropriate to use it in the current circumstances. So I reread the
constitution...

It's not.

It doesn't count for anything except to resolve
a tie.

[So unless one of the other committee members casts a vote for the
forest of symlinks proposal -- or unless we can all agree on something
else, it looks like the current vote will end on sunday with the forest
of symlinks being approved.  Once again, this is the proposal where
FHS compliant packages include a symlink in /usr/doc for backwards
compatability with fsstnd.]

FYI,

--
Raul