Re: Ballot update (was Re: usr/man vs usr/share/man?)

On Thu, Sep 02, 1999 at 10:49:38PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>         In which case, really, we should advice that a major upgrade
>  to slink be made with the updated versions of man, dwww, info, and
>  any other packages that use /usr/share/doc, /usr/share/man, or
>  /usr/share/info. The release notes for potato will recommend that anyone
>  using a package from unstable first upgrade to the updated stable.

This doesn't have to be an upgrade to slink.  This can be a dummy package
in potato which conflicts with the slink versions.  The release notes
would then recommend that this dummy package be installed.

>  Raul> At the moment I'm far more concerned about our other three
>  Raul> members.  I'm not sure if I should wait for them to comment
>  Raul> and/or vote.
>
>         Umm, we should be able to function even if some members are
>  otherwise engaged (heck -- my vacation trips to India mean I'd be out
>  for a month at a time)
>
>         The minimum Quorum requirements have been met. And some of the
>  members are definitely around (they voted for the chairperson).

Sure, quorum is 2.  But without a majority any vote takes a week.

>         I'd say that we may send them personal mail asking them to
>  participate, but we should not draw this out much further.

Dale had indicated that he'd do this for me.  But that was several
days ago -- perhaps it's time to do it again.

--
Raul