Re: please stop

Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> writes:

> 4. For the moment, we invite concrete proposals for technical changes
>    which would arrange that 1. new jessie installations using Linux
>    would get systemd but 2. existing installations retain their
>    existing init system so far as possible.

> That appears to be an implicit decision that the cttee is overruling the
> current upgrade path.

Ack, no, definitely not.  That is several of us saying "there's no way we
can rule on this with nothing but abstract conceptual descriptions; we
would need some sort of concrete proposal for exactly what the alternate
world would look like before we could begin to evaluate it."

If that process leads to everyone reaching consensus on a different way to
handle things (which would be my ideal outcome), that would be awesome,
and we could then do nothing.